OS140 RX - Problem

Amram Private amram at leshed.com
Sun Aug 28 10:33:27 AKDT 2005

Hello to all.
The story is about OS140RX with OS header, ES CF tune pipe, fuel 20%
Nitro 16% oil.
Engine gained 28 hours with no problems whatsoever. Time has come to
replace the bearings as I stared to notice some freedom. I was able to
get the FAI bearings
set on Thursday so before changing the bearings I decided to go for few
more flight on Friday and then to change. On Friday at field,  I was
able to start the motor
normally. While on Idle when I was ready to lift the model and take it
to the runway, the motor stopped. This was strange as it used to hold
very steady idle. Since then I could not start the motor. The motor
seems to be with low compression. Today I opened the motor and changed
the bearings. All motor internal parts seems to OK and clean with no
special dirt or signs. Still the motor does not start and still the
feeling is of low compression. Is looks like the motor "Wants" to start
but not enough power. Fuel supply is OK as when I prime, fuel comes out
on the carb. (Motor is upside down). Plug is completely new (Type F),
Booster is OK ProDiver Mark III - Radio South (Same problem when I tried
a normal booster). The motor build-in fuel pump never been touched.

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance to all helpers

Amram Leshed

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.