WC Final Results

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Sat Aug 27 16:26:39 AKDT 2005

I really don't think there is a huge amount of change..yes there is a little larger margin of win this time...But... Really compare these results to 2003 and 2001 and 1999 and its about the same each time...Since Florida in 99 CPLR has been dominating the F3A world with only a little slip up last year at the European champs and a bad servo. Bully for Roland to be there and take advantage of it.

results from 2003 Worlds

CPLR 2000
Quique 1940
Chip  1939
Onda  1917
Akiba 1899
Kusuma 1889
Shulman 1885
Roland Matt 1868
Beschorner  1856
Wolfgang Matt 1786

2005

1- CPLR 2000pts
2- Onda 1948
3- Matt r. 1891
4- Hyde 1871
5- BPLR 1856
6- Schulman 1851
7- Akiba 1838
8- Suzuki 1821
9- Silvestri 1804
10- Matt W. 1729

Then look at the NATS Finals this year exact same format:

Quique  2000pts
Chip 1937

Then look back to 2001 and Chip 3rd and QQ 2nd to CPLR...

I kind of see it as it worked out about like it has before. I hoped Chip and Jason moved up a bit in the finals...But I think they did excellent and I don't think anybody else in the USA could have improved the outcome this year. These guys are really talented pilots. I wish I could consistently perform at that level. As the 5th guy in the Team Trials last year My hat is off to you guys. Thankyou for your dedication and effort under sometimes not ideal circumstances.

Congrats to all the finalists. And congrats to Japan, USA and Liechtenstein for the podium on the team results.

Troy Newman