Need help!

bravo52 bravo52 at cox-internet.com
Fri Aug 26 18:49:32 AKDT 2005

I have a YS 140 I am flying in a sport plane and am trying to get some good flights on it prior to putting it in my CA Models Fantasy.  I am having problems with the stock muffler.  I have a pipe for it but don't have any place to run it on this model.  The problem is the screws keep backing out of the muffler cone.  I've glued/loctite ect the screws but they keep backing out.  I'm lucky I haven't lost the cone yet (like many others).  Anyway, I have a fix.  I drilled the socket head screws and put safety wire on the screws.  What are the down sides?????????   Also, what type of extension can I put on it without it getting burned off?

v/r
Jerry L.