WC semi's Day 5

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Fri Aug 26 14:39:15 AKDT 2005

The report was that rain was involved. I guess its been pretty wet there all
week. Perhaps its a case of the model getting rained on maybe even in
flight. The numbers I saw the model was 4999g at check in or perhaps it was
before the flight?...and after the flight was 5010 g.

If flying in the rain or sitting in the ready box getting rain could change
the weight of the model 11g really easy. And this might not be the fault of
the pilot and falls under the rule of conditions outside the pilots control.
Then again playing roulette with the weight rule is the pilots fault!
Who knows....but I bet there was and or will be protests regarding the
results...however even with the penalty he was not in the top 10 so its
almost a mute point anyway.

I regularly see about a 1-1.5oz increase in weight going from dry air in the
west to the humid air of Muncie...and this is on my own scales both at home
and in Muncie... 1oz is about 28g.

Troy