Put equity back into snap judging

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 08:19:47 AKDT 2005

I like to paint mine a nice gray color.

Keith
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gray E Fowler
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:31 AM
  Subject: Re: Put equity back into snap judging

  Eric said....

  1. If you can't guarantee to judge it correctly take it out of AMA
  schedules. It is grossly unfair to penalize pilots this way.

  Good point, but if we take it out, then me as an Advanced flyer will never have the chance to learn how to "Cheat" a snap as good as the FAI guys do. You know....that little no elevator flip that they do to keep the heading correct and never get a zero cuz they be "insert big name here".

  If the top FAI guys faced some of the critical snap judging that most of us ocassionally do, and know one knew their name, they too would remove it or change the criteria ....according to me.

  In defense of the individual FAI flyers....the ones I know are pretty cool guys...just gotta play the game. As the name recognition goes up, it seems the weenier the snap gets......in other words, the so called "regular" FAI guy faces a huge disadvantage when faced with the judging criteria/disparity Eric mentioned plus facing name recognition. AND as usual....I could be wrong.

  Tonight, I am going to paint my prop all pretty colors. Can anyone tell me what colors and designs score the best?

  Gray Fowler
  Principal Chemical Engineer
  Composites Engineering