Snap or not (since we have nothing better to do)

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Aug 16 13:07:43 AKDT 2005

I think it is IMPOSSIBLE for the CG to stay on a
straight line during a snap roll. Think about it, even
a fully stalled wing generates lift, and has a vector.
For a snap to NOT cause the CG to wander would require
each wing panel to have equal lift, in opposite
directions. Sorry, that is not going to happen.

Ever hear an aerobatic pilot talk about being
weightless during a snap roll? Yeah, right.

The rulebook must be wrong. Just my opinion.

Bob R.

--- Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm hoping to get more snaps on tape so we can see
> what they look like in slow motion. What I do know,
> if
> the maneuver in the video is a snap, the rulebook
> definition is wrong. Autorotation is one element,
> but
> so is the nose and tail transcribing opposite cones
> with the CG remaining on the flight path.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.