Why doesn't the sky fall?

J.Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 15 13:47:47 AKDT 2005

Ding, ding, ding!! We've got some really smart guys on this list.
The air molecules are constantly colliding with each other in perfect elastic collisions so they don't slow down.  They are light so you don't feel them hit your skin but the combined effect is to create the pressure that keeps us together.
Jim O