PUZZLE!

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Mon Aug 15 11:16:57 AKDT 2005

Ok...this is by no means Airplane related, but it seems to me that with
all the engineers that solicit this list-serve, we could have some fun
with a few puzzles...  So since it's slow (While we wait for the worlds
to start next week) I thought I'd post a fun one.

Imagine a Sphere that has a cylindrical hole bored through the center,
the diameter of which results in the remaining hole being 6 inches long.
What is the volume of the remaining material in the sphere??

And yes, you have enough information, and yes, I'm looking for a
numerical, absolute answer!!

-Mark