Tangerine Contest

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Aug 14 17:29:46 AKDT 2005

On Aug 14, 2005, at 7:59 PM, <jasonshulman at cox.net> wrote:

> You didn't tell me that was you're highest scoring round... I woulda
> done it again...LOL.
>
> My brother and I want to thank everyone that helped put on the
> Tangerine contest and a special thanks to all the pilots that "put-up
> with" the flying alone for me and my brother. Even when I decided to
> fly with Ron, I wasn't worried. I remembered Ron flew out far, so I
> flew in close.

What I didn't mention was that Jason flew Tony Stillman's Panacea in
the last round.  Jason had never flown this airplane.  Tony copied his
airplane's data to a new model in his Futaba 14MZ, Jason changed the
aileron throw and increased the exponential (that's all I
know/remember).  They were still doing programming as Jason walked to
the flightline!

It was a sight to see.  Tony is a good pilot, but Jason did maneuvers
with the Panacea that Tony would love to do.  The only serious flaws
were the under-rolling of both snap maneuvers by about 30 degrees.  It
was a sight to see.

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.