Quincy contest/Tangerine Contest

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Aug 14 16:39:53 AKDT 2005

On Aug 14, 2005, at 7:22 PM, Ken Thompson wrote:

> About 20 min., and you can bet I squeezed every drop I could fit in my
> tank, too!!   I paid a little more than you did, but still a great
> deal.

I went to the Tangerine Contest down in Apopka, FL with Tony Stillman.
We paid $2.57/gallon on the way there.  The cheapest gas was
$2.39/gallon in Apopka.  Paid $2.56/gallon on the way back.

BTW, we had a good time at the contest.

They had one Sportsman pilot, one Intermediate pilot, two Advanced
pilots, four Master pilots and NINE F3A pilots!  If you can imagine
this:  Jason Shulman was there AND he competed with his World
Championship airplane!  Not only that, he let his brother, David,
borrow his airplane so he could compete.  I asked that at the pilots'
meeting that Jason and David be allowed to fly alone, so that Jason's
airplane wouldn't be at risk, and that's the way it went until the
fourth round, when my airplane was airborne, and Jason took off.  Can
you imagine how conscious I was of where Jason's airplane was during
that flight?  Can you believe that it was my highest scoring flight? I
was amazed!

Jason leaves for France on Monday.  Go U.S.A.!!!

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.