Canadian Team or

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Sat Aug 13 14:11:19 AKDT 2005

The ESC does not have an BEC.  You will have to power the receiver with
an external BEC (SBEC/UBEC) or receiver battery (I use a Thunder Power
2s 730 with a Radio South 6.0v regulator).  You don't need to modify the
ESC control cable, it works fine as is.

With our Plettenberg Xtra 25 and 30 motors, we have them all set in the
0 position except number 4, which is in position 1.

You will have some downline braking.  We found it best if the idle RPM
is set at 1000-1500RPM.  I have almost as much braking as I did with my
YS 140DZ.

Our startup procedure: Full throttle on the stick with minimum throttle
trim setting.  Plug in the battery, let the ESC beep a few times, then
move the stick to bottom.  You are now armed with full and min throttle
set.  Now move your throttle trim up (to middle on the JR 10X with trim
rate set to 100%) to set your idle.  Note that there is a range of RPM
(800 to 1700) where our motors don't start if they are stopped, but will
continue running.  I set my idle trim with the motor stopped, blip the
throttle to start the motor, then drop the stick back to the bottom and
it will continue running at my desired idle.

-Adam, about 1/3 packed.