coke bottle tanks

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 8 16:02:25 AKDT 2005

All    FYI
 I am still experimenting with the plastic bottles to use for tanks.I used coke bottles that shrunk.I have filled half way a closed 20 oz Aquafina water bottle with 30% heli and let it set for 1 week. I started with a middle diameter of 2.687 inches and a height of 8 7/8 inches. The bottle now is 2.556 inches in diameter and 8 5/8 inches high.The bottle is much smaller, fluid wise.
I am suspecting any of these bottles will shrink with fuel in them.The solution is to use the tank maybe 4-5 times and throw it away and make another. Knowing this You can get a quick weight loss of 2 oz for instance at the nats or anywhere you will be weighed.   Practice with the tettra's.
 Velly intresting.

Jim Ivey

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.