Performance Judging? (how did we get where we are)

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Aug 4 19:36:32 AKDT 2005

To add to what you say I spent a flying session on Monday trying to see what a plane will and will not do. Even with ridiculously high roll throws I could come nowhere near the roll rate that a snap-roll exhibits. Adding just rudder and aileron never showed a break and just aileron and elevator was plain ugly.

I could snap-roll pretty effectively with elevator and rudder but it was hard to stop it at level.

I did see a lot of examples that were not snaps and began to believe that pictures, especially moving pictures could do a much better job than all of thousands or word written about this his stuff. It is 2000 plus. we have the technology???

One closing point is that if a  stall-turn is better envisaged as a hammerhead, then would it not be much easier to see this as a "Flick-roll". And lastly what really is a break????? The plane flies like a boat with a rudder on the back.....!!!.

Regards,

Eric.