[SPAM] Re: Re: Judges Caller

Chuck Hochhalter chochhalter at direcway.com
Thu Aug 4 14:28:06 AKDT 2005

If a judges caller is used, he should only be calling for the judge.  He
does not have to speak loud enough for the pilot as his caller is
speaking specifically to the pilot and not for the benefit of the
judges. There are some callers who do call the next maneuver early for
the judges to anticipate and also for the pilot to know whats coming up
(if they have not memorized it) and then speak sweet nothings in the
pilots ear as he zeros his two half rolls reversed. (inside joke)

As an intermediate pilot being asked to judge adv. A few times, I know
it would have been nice to hear what maneuver is coming up so I did not
have to ref the score sheet to make sure I did not miss the reverse
rolls, or points or the little things.

There are a lot of great ideas coming out of these discussions and I
think that with patience and good leadership like Don Ramsey at the helm
we can get closer to what we envision as consistent, fair, QUALITY
judging with a little work from everyone.

I know if I put extra effort into being a better judge for other
competitors I would expect the same effort (respectfully) in return

Chuck