Performance Judging? Trial Balloon

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Wed Aug 3 04:06:14 AKDT 2005

In a message dated 8/3/2005 6:52:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
gene.maurice at comcast.net writes:

Don,
Here’s some stats to  mull over………………..
I’ve pulled all of  the scores into a spreadsheet and identified every
instance where the  difference between any of the 3 judges raw scores was plus or
minus more than  2 points, then plus or minus more than 3 points
Masters Prelims had  38 pilots actually flying x 21 scored maneuvers (exc
luded TO and Land.) = 798  “judging opportunities” in each of 6  rounds.
Round                  1           2           3           4           5
     6
No of  2pt  "Spreads"                    130        108        208        107
       210       200
% of  798                                    16.29% 13.53% 26.07% 13.41%
26.32% 25.06%
No of  3pt  "Spreads"                    34          28          59
24          49          39
% of  798                                    4.26%   3.51%   7.39%   3.01%
6.14%   4.89%

Gene  Maurice
gene.maurice at comcast.net
Plano, TX