Rudder counterbalance ?

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sat Apr 30 17:26:14 AKDT 2005

--- Grow Pattern <pattern4u at comcast.net> wrote:
>>> As powerful as our new digital servos are I don't
think that they "brake" the return swing as well as
they initiate the first movement/response.

It is noticeable that the bigger planes use multiple
servos with the thinking that more power is needed. It
is more stopping power that, IMHO, the we really
need.<<<

I agree. I'm in the middle of a PLC programming class,
and we had a lesson the other day on PID programming.
The first thing I thought of was how it could apply to
servos. It would be nice to be able to "tune" the
servos for the particular application. They could be
electronically dampened to prevent the oscillation
with heavy control surfaces.

Bob R.

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.