Rudder counterbalance ?

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 08:37:08 AKDT 2005

Peter,
           The answer to the hatori header failure difference was heat :-).
Mine only broke when I upped to the summer YS 30%. which made the metal
brittle.

I have just about every rudder shape and counter-bal.  that you can think
of, including all moving rudders - no flutter.

I am convinced that the IMPACT rudder is too heavy and the recommended and
specified 8411 gets into a death-dance. Mine did it repeatedly on the bench
and it was extremely violent. One new 2 oz lighter rudder later and bye-bye
unstoppable oscillations.

Regards,

Eric.