Flightline Pilot Station

Jerry Stebbins JAStebbins at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 24 19:33:49 AKDT 2005

Walter, we installed our fences so we could take them down and mow. Will try
to find some pics for you. The fence was 4 ft. high and used orange erosion
material as the fence. Strong and held a direct hit with little damage to
the plane. The posts and top rail were made from 2 in. UV protected PVC ,
and used fitting made from the same plastic. It is the PVC they make plastic
lawn and pool furniture out of, and they have all the necessary elbows, T's
and couplings to put it together. Posts were inserted in sockets 18 in. long
we put in with sackrete. Probably could get by in asphault with 12 in.long
if you put them in solid. Sockets were 2 1/2 in. PVC, and fit fairly well.
The regular PVC you use for pipes will harden, fracture and break down in
less than two years, so don't use it.
Jerry