Andrew's crash

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Apr 18 14:09:13 AKDT 2005

I think a call for more discriminating freq control should have been in
order here.
I wasn't going to say anything but here goes....   Isn't flying behind the
flight line an infraction of the AMA safety rules?  Unless you have a
designated area, i.e. helo's, rockets, c/line,  I would think that his
misfortune could have possibly been averted.  Pretty easy to just switch on
and flip the foamie in the air.  Saw this happening at the contest here in
Texas this past weekend out in the parking lot.  Makes you wonder if they
have the freq pin.
  At our flying field it is a requirement that you fly(and this is any type
of aircraft,rocket,glider,helo) in front of the designated flight line and
proper use of the freq control board.   The park models/foamies as simple
and easy to fly anywhere could become the issue of a serious accident.
Don't take me wrong... I think the foamies and electrics are a great thing.
They should be restricted to the same rules as a 40%'er is when your at the
club flying field.

Wayne G.