Fw: Contest

AWorrest at aol.com AWorrest at aol.com
Mon Apr 18 11:29:16 AKDT 2005

More than communication is needed.  Part of the problem is that the
coordinators don't live in the states where the contests are held.  A number of years
back when I was a CD, I sanctioned a contest in Nebraska.  The coordinator at
the time for my district lived in Colorado.  I was surprised that just at the
time my contest was sanctioned that another was sanctioned close by in Missouri
that was in another district.  I phoned my district coordinator and she said
that she had informed the coordinator for Missouri (who incidentally lived in
Illinois) of my contest.  I then phoned the gentlemen in Illinois. His excuse
was that he didn't know Nebraska and Missouri were adjacent states and made no
effort to see if there would be a conflict!

Allan Worrest