[SPAM] Re: Icepoint Mount Mod

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Apr 17 10:37:00 AKDT 2005

On Apr 17, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Jerry Budd wrote:

> Hi Bill, William, & Bob (& everyone else!):
>
> How to handle a nose ring support for airplanes that either have a
> removable cowling or no structure ahead of the firewall (excepting the
> motor/mount) can be a difficult problem to solve.  I have a solution
> in the works that I should be testing in the next month or so with
> availability about a month after that (if all goes well).
>
> When I have something to show I'll put an announcement out on the list
> (as well as in an ad in the K-Factor).

I just have to jump in here.  I have one of Jerry's mounts and am
impressed with the quality and the innovative way he's engineered it.
Engineered is the operative word here.  Jerry is an engineer and, since
I am one as well, I understand a lot of his mindset.  An engineer never
really gets finished engineering anything.  We are constantly figuring
out ways to make things better.  If you see something in production,
it's probably because a program manager stepped in and said, "Enough!
We're going with the current design and get these things out the door!"

Jerry will probably take longer than he's estimated to get the nose
ring support designed and available, but you can be confident that it
will be a good product.

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.