Icepoint Mount Mod

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Apr 17 06:22:27 AKDT 2005

Bob:
I see the problem with the Icepoint.  Can sure be frustrating.  I've
also been wondering:
I just got a new Jerry Budd engine mount.  Excellent job, well thought
out.  Jerry, however, calls for a nose ring with the mount.  How are the
guys handling a nose ring with a removable cowling, like the Focus?
Seems to me as if the cowl would tear loose from the fuselage if
subjected to the stress/vibration of a nose ring.   I've had perfect
satisfaction from a Dave Brown solid mount, (cost the princely sum of
$6) on my focus 1, but I've still been thinking of retrofitting my Focus
2 before it's first flight.
How would you handle it?

Bill Glaze