Transmitter power questions.....

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Mon Apr 11 18:21:55 AKDT 2005

I can answer a few:
Transmitter power:  1 watt maximum.  Actual, really about 200 milliwatts
Transmitter radius is difficult, because you need to have an effective
Field Strength Meter, but I have successfully operated an airplane's
controls at 1.1 miles, (line of sight) but I didn't intend to fly; I
couldn't even have seen the airplane.
Antenna used: Vertical Whip (Normally; that's what's supplied)
Antenna gain; I don't really know the answer to that one.
Polarization:  Vertical  (which is normal form a whip antenna.)