14MZ Problem

Ted Sander tedsander at comcast.net
Tue Apr 5 04:11:28 AKDT 2005

Good point, Ron.  If the reason for the password is to lock in the owners
name, as a theft deterrent, than how to reset it should NOT be easily
available.  Access to the programming might be another issue - good to deter
casual playing with the radio (like when it's in the impound, and out of the
pilots control).  Then requiring a round trip to a service center for a
reset is a big inconvenience.  The old 'security vs usability" problems we
all face daily in this new world of critical systems.....

Ted