Stripped header holes, need advice

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 13:00:53 AKDT 2005

I've used them (Heli-Coils) on full size engines and they are commonly
used in spark plug holes in aluminum cylinder heads, and as repairs on
cast iron pieces.  Work fine; I do believe I just may get one or 2 sets
for use on smaller sizes that we use in modeling.  Never used one
smaller than 1/4-20 before, but I see no reason that they shouldn't be
as good.  Anyone ever used  Keen-Serts?  (One piece thread inserts.)
They work well also, in the larger sizes.

Bill Glaze

Keith Black wrote:Jerry, your description almost makes me "want" to
install the heli-coil,