Stripped header holes, need advice

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 11:38:22 AKST 2005

Keith, a helicoil will certainly work assuming you can find someone with  the
correct size(s).  I have successfully drilled and tapped the header  bolt
holes, just go slow, take your time, etc.  I also suggest making sure  you don't
drill too deep on the exhaust port flange, just deep enough to get  necessary
threads.  Also, a flat bottom tap will let you get deeper with  the threads
than a standard tap that goes all the way thru.

Don

DonIn a message dated 4/1/2005 11:39:16 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,