YS 160 DZ

Troy Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Mon Sep 27 20:07:57 AKDT 2004

Mike,

I have not seen the MA ad yet, but I do know that Yamada was playing with some new pump designs. This was a two fold deal: #1 make the pump easier to produce (less $$ and less hassles) and #2 to make the pump a more user friendly easier to adjust version. Now with this re-design I believe they found out some things in the longevity side of the equation and these applied to the std 140DZ pump. Then the 140DZ pump got an upgrade and met the goals of the new pump design and kept the parts the same in terms of looks. My original 160 DZ has the same pump as the 140DZ.

I have run both pumps and they run the same. Then again I don't tend to have problems with my motors. They just run and run and run. I actually wear them out after hundreds of flights.

TN