Stunt News

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Mon Sep 27 11:30:30 AKDT 2004

I ran across a copy of Stunt News, the PAMPA newsletter / magazine. More like a magazine, with  glossy color covers and 100 or so pages of news, color photos, tech articles, etc. This is a first class magazine for a SIG (or anyone)! Granted, they publish bi-monthly - but good, interesting stuff.

The PAMPA website indicates a membership of 1800+. While certainly controline stunt is a "traditional" model aerobatic event, pattern sure seems more popular. So - how do they do it? Anybody familiar with their "newsletter" production / finances? I noted a cover price of $5, and dues of $35 - are the newsletters extra?

It would seem that a K-Factor of the scale and quality of Stunt News would rival any of the other general interest magazines.

Earl