Aeroslave Symphony Flies

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 18:19:20 AKDT 2004

Hey everyone.  To all who have been waiting I have 6 flights on my Symphony.

I am very pleased and had a relatively calm day(for Lubbock) to do some trimming.  I have a thread started on RCU with specific details under the Pattern heading.  But here are some of the highlights.

No rudder aileron coupling and actually did a flat circle with rudder only.  The rudder is extremely effective, having to continually dial it down for knife edge, slows and pt rolls.  The ailerons are very effective also and they locked in.  It presents very nicely in the air.  It flies a little faster than I expected but am happy as I like a little speed.  She snaps nicely with high rates on Elev and Ail, but very slowly with normal flying rates.  Radii are very nice and smooth.  Had a little cross wind today and it seems to handle this better than my Smaragd did.

DZ 140 plenty of vertical, weighing in at 10lbs 14oz completed with cf wing tube and stab.
 tube.  Again, I am very happy and look forward to next years Masters with this plane.

Ed