Interesting incidence question

Anthony Abdullah aabdu at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 18 16:23:30 AKDT 2004

Hello all

I have a question concerning wing and stab incidence.

This is what I have to work with.
Stabs are mounted and are not adjustable. The wing is not mounted but will not be adjustable. The plans say the the wing should be at positive 2 degrees to whatever the stabs are (preferably 0). If the left stab is at -1 degree and the right is at + 1 degree, what incidence should the wings be mounted at to minimize trim and flight problems?

Should the left wing be positive 1 degree and the right 3 degrees, or should I just make the wings the same to match either of the stabs? I am considering mounting the wings both at + 1 but not quite sure how that would affect flight.

I am very interested to hear what you guys think, or suggest as a possible course of action. It is not a pattern plane, I got it partially completed and I'm not really looking to go into a complete rebuild, I would just like to minimize trim problems so it will fly OK.

Thanks a ton guys.
Anthony