Motor Costs Comparison

gene.maurice at comcast.net gene.maurice at comcast.net
Thu Sep 16 05:11:57 AKDT 2004

Just to add my $.02......................
I've run two 1.60 setups very similar to Bob's (header, pipe, pump), one in an Entropy and the other in an Aries. I tend to fly quite a bit faster than Bob, but still only use full throttle in verticals. I can fly the Master's sequence twice on about 15-16 oz. of Magnum 15%.
I formerly ran YS 140L's and could also get two sequences out of a 20oz. tank, but be pretty much on fumes when landing. Of course that was 30% fuel.

--
Gene Maurice
AMA 3408 NSRCA 877
gene.maurice at comcast.net

A comment about "mileage" is in order. I don't want to upset anyone because they may use a different prop/throttle management technique. My style is a slower-paced presentation, although I tend to stay out near 150 or so, and the three blade is a very efficient setup in my package. It has very good braking, yet accellerates well - - - for me.
Other motors have different mileage, and different techniques of throttle management, so perhaps it wasn't fair to make the mileage comparison. The DZ that I observed, however, seemed to use quite a bit MORE 30% Heli Cool Power than my 15% Cool Power, so I thought I should include that in the spreadsheet.

Bob Pastorello
rcaerobob at cox.net
www.rcaerobats.net