D5 loss

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 12 14:44:56 AKDT 2004

 Folks Charlie was a special man and we will miss him. I will always remember his love of the sport and his determination. Just a month ago in a condition that would have had most people bed riddin he flew FAI in Omaha. This  just a day after his 80th birthday. He was a hero of mine.
 We just found out this morning while at the Waukesha Wisconsin contest and those who knew CW were touched. I hope they dedicate a contest in his honor just like the contest we flew in today is dedicated to another great guy Bud Weber. I hope you win your 1st contest in heaven Charlie.                                              Mike Mueller

Dan Curtis <warrior523 at mchsi.com> wrote:
Gentlemen,

I wanted to let everyone know that District 5 lost a long time pattern flyer and supporter of model aviation today.  CW "Charlie" Reed III passed away this morning after a rather lengthy illness.  His presence will be missed.

Dan Curtis