Servo mounting help needed.

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Sat Sep 11 19:01:43 AKDT 2004

Steve,
 Good observation. I'd be interested in an explanation for this too. I agree
with your thoughts on how the servos might react to this type of mounting.
In the "traditional" mounting arrangement it seems the servos are more
stable with the output arm at 90 degrees to the case. With the arrangement
shown for the Epsilon, it seems like they would want to rock more easily. We
might be missing something so maybe someone will shed some light on this.
Remember the old Kraft linear servos? They were inherently better all
around, especially for split elevator setups. Why doesn't someone make
something like that again?
John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com