Judging Controversy - Part 1 of 3

Wincons at aol.com Wincons at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 07:27:28 AKDT 2004

In a message dated 9/11/2004 12:36:18 AM Central Standard Time,
derekkoopowitz at earthlink.net writes:

What I don't  see from you or Eric Henderson is an apology to Ron Van Putte
for the  blatant lies that were written in this forum about Ron's apparent
removal  from the WC's judging pool during the WC.  That, to me, is  an
egregious error made on your part for posting a total erroneous message  from
Eric and then for not stepping up to the plate and apologizing for  it.

Now... That is too bad for this hobby of  ours.

One thing for sure, Derek, nothing has been gained. I'm sure we've all
known, or THOUGHT we've known, something embarrassing to another  individual.  Even
so, that doesn't mean we have to crucify one of  our own publicly.  I've
known Ron for twenty years and he's always been  friendly to ME. I especially
enjoyed it when he had the little red lips sewed on  the back of his shorts,
letting you know what to do if you couldn't be friendly  back! (sorry, Ron!)

Sometimes, sensitive subjects need discussing; but this is not the forum  for
that. Nor is it the place to air private emails without  permission.
Overall, it would be well to re-establish a modicum of decorum  here. Let's get back
to building the hobby up.

Derek, missed you in Muncie this year....I had a great time, returning from
medical leave!

Brian Clemmons