Judging Controversy

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 8 09:58:02 AKDT 2004

It appears to me that the AMA always has the last word on any decision. Sometimes they chose to accept the NSRCA recomendations and sometimes they do not. Any authority we (NSRCA) have is only because that authority was delegated to us (NSRCA) and can be undelegated without notice.

The choice to ignore the Rules Survey was (IMHO) at least rude. However, it is in their domain.
Ten years ago or so, it looked like they (AMA) were about to abandon our special interest. The NSRCA prepared to support our interests without the AMA. Since then, there has been a lot of growing on both sides of the question and AMA has selected an active role in the administration of our sport.

There are still a lot of details to work out but the fact is that we (NSRCA) are subordinate to AMA (also We).

Where I come from, when the Boss makes a decision that I don't agree with, I am not relieved of the obligation to try to make it work.

John Ferrell
http://DixieNC.US