Judging Controversy

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Wed Sep 8 05:32:15 AKDT 2004

On Sep 7, 2004, at 10:40 PM, Brian Young wrote:

> Just curious, do other countries use a judge ranking system? Just
> wondered whether the NSRCA is pioneering this or whether the judge
> ranking was modeled after some existing system. Sorry if this has been
> discussed, I cant recall the details of your articles.

I don't know what system all countries use to select their judges, but
based on what I have observed, very few, if any, countries use a
ranking system except us.  I observed which judges attended F3A World
Championships over several WC cycles and noted that virtually all
countries except the U.S. had the same judge year after year.  It would
be unlikely that a ranking system would have the same judge on top
every cycle.  When the new NSRCA judge ranking system became known by
foreigners, several asked Tony Stillman for information about it.  Tony
can talk to this if he choses and there is interest on the NSRCA
discussion list.

Ron Van Putte
==================# To be removed from this list, go to http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm