Firewall material

Ed Deaver divesplat at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 16:25:55 AKDT 2004

Keith, I used the carbon fiber honeycomb from Lamar Blair and am very happy with it so far.

ed

Wayne Galligan <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com> wrote:
st1\:* {	BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}Kieth,

Lot of guys have used that and filleted with epoxy and glass shreds.  Lance V. built his new Symphony with lt ply and you can see it on his website at www.aeroslave.com
I have been using 1/4" end grain balsa sandwiched between 1/64 ply.  glue the laminate together with finishing resin.  Its strong and very light and has plenty if surface area for gluing to fuse.   I use a plywood t-plate to hold the blinds and this keeps from crushing the firewall.

Wayne G