Three Judges

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 29 16:13:14 AKDT 2004

 All
 I would like to see three judges used.One on the left at the end box area,one in the center and one on the right end box area.Each judge would only judge the manouver in front of his location. There would be no more guessing about 45 deg uplines at the end box manouvers being 45 and less guessing if the vertical lines are vertical at the end of box manouvers.Cross box manouvers would be better visualized. The center judge has the visual alignment to the end poles
and would be responsible for (out of box) end box manouvers only -- plus his center box responsibilities. For instance his score would be described on the score sheet as a - (neg ) for the end box manouver for the % it is out of the box.This correction can be added to the end box score by the scorekeepers. This would add one more judge and may not be feasible for local contests. This idea could be used for district and national level contests.

I bet the scores will really drop lower due to the better view the judges have.

Thinking outloud and dodging.

Jim Ivey