prop formula

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Oct 21 18:11:16 AKDT 2004

Jeff,
 Science displacing art? Obviously you haven't seen a good Analog Engineer
design and test an RF circuit. The only thing missing is the Dragon's Blood
and Eye of Nute. Your method of studying problems is refreshing though. I
wish some of the Engineers that I have worked with subscribed to this method
of thinking, rather than "Plug and Pray". You will be a formidable adversary
next year (I suspect that you will be flying Intermediate). If only I can
turn you to the "Dark Side"...
 I was thinking of trying a 3-blader myself. For now I just want to get
something reliable / proven to practice with. I have to re-train myself to
fly the 2 meter planes s-l-o-w-l-y. My lasting impression of Pattern comes
from watching Tipo's and Curare's with retracts and pipes. I still can't
believe these new planes don't tip stall when they're landing as slowly as
they do. I have to make a conscious effort to concentrate on a new
technique. I don't think the prop will be a major concern yet.
 As far as technology / progress goes, you might be wrong on that
calculation. Some of the things we do on desktop computers today were not
even possible on super computers a decade ago. Besides, all of this CAD CAM
stuff is nice but keep in mind that the Wright Brothers didn't have any of
this. You can't wait for technology to catch up with your creativity - come
on, get out your slide rule...

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com

---