SUGGESTION---WAS (Suggestions for Sport Pattern 40 - 60 size plane)

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 18:53:57 AKDT 2004

To the folks considering another pattern type plane as a knock around, a
suggestion. Why not ask the more experienced people on this list for the Pattern
models they campaigned 3 or 4 years back? These models often are sitting in
the  rafters collecting dust, and I would bet the owners would let them go
cheap. You  don't want to go for the back up since these would likely be
expensive.

There are several advantages to such a move. For starters, these are true
pattern models and generally are well behaved. You will not have to learn  "bad
habits"; you give up nothing. Second, chances are these were their  owners'
primary planes only a couple years before, so they are generally in  decent trim
already. Third, you can always contact the owners for advice. Mostly  likely
that will be free yet could be invaluable to the newbies in Pattern.  There
are many more, but that's enuff.

Of course, if you just gotta have a 40 sized plane, then fine, do what you
must.

regards,

MattK