Propeller Pitch gauge calibration

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 18:52:33 AKDT 2004

Nat, so if someone were to reverse engineer the famous APC prop blade pitch
distribution, one could start by making a bunch of cardboard right triangles
fit  under the blade, at, say, 1" intervals, moving out from center. Then one
can  determine what the pitch at each station is by simple graphical means from
the  triangles, and plot that against radius (stations). I would hazzard to
guess a  parabollic distribution.

Of course, if one isn't so inclined, he can always call Tony and buy the
sucker, but what has he learned?? LOL. Tongue planted firmly in cheek.

MattK, pontificating again, but what the hell. BTW isn't that what the
rubber band wielding free flighters do with the props they build from  sticks?

Matt, you are correct. Feel free to help clarify my  comments.
    Nat