More Revolution Questions

brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com brianyemail-nsrca at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 05:14:44 AKDT 2004

I used a hyde mount also. Ive heard of others talk about replacing the glass beams w/ aluminum if you use the stock mount, but sounds like the stock beam mount works ok.

If you want to stick the servos in the wing w/o a hatch make a long wrench and use the socket head servo mount screws. Tightly tape the servo lead to the side of the servo w/ electrical tape, put the servo horn on the servo in the right orientation, needs to be a long horn like Dubro or something, then rotate parallel to the servo length. Dangle the servo on the lead w/ extension into the wing, I shrink tubed my connector, and use your long wrench to push the servo into the hole. Before screwing down rotate the horn up into the slot in the surface. (You really need to be sure the horn is in the right spot on the servo cause if its not it will make its own hole, so be sure you energize the servo before you mount it so the horns in the right spot.) Magnetize the allen wrench, or use somthing sticky to hold the screw to the wrench and attach w/ screws. It doesnt take that long, at least not the second time. Probably less time than adding hatches. But you might take the wrench to the
 field w/ you...just in case.

I used the phenolic horns w/ metal pinned clevises.

"Daniel J. Hamlett" <d77hamlett at comcast.net> wrote:
I have just recently purchased a Revolution Pro. I have not started the assembly yet, I have a few questions that I want to get the answers to before I start. I am hoping that someone will read this that has one or knows somebody who does.

1st. The model comes with an engine mount already installed. It says that it is a soft mount and is designed for a 140 2c or 4c. I am kind of unsure of the way the mount looks. I am going to be using a YS140 Sport. I have seen them run at idle and they can really shake. I was thinking of using a Hyde ARIS mount. Has anyone mounted one of these on this plane before. It is a composite air frame and didn't know how well it would work.

2nd. The model comes with control horns already installed ( composite arms ) I want to use MK horns & clevises. I know that I can cut off the horns that are on there now, the directions say that you can do this. I didn't see or missed where it said that it was ok to drill a hole in the control surfaces to put the horns in. I am concerned that there might not be a hard mount in the wing to mount the horn to. I don't want to cut off the originals until I get an answer on this.

3rd. If you have put together an impact or Revolution then you know where the servos are mounted in the wings. For those who haven't seen it yet I will try to describe it as close as I can. The servos is mounted on it's side with the arm protruding out from behind or inside the skin on the wing. They are mounted in the 3rd or 4th wing spar in, about 12 or so inches from the wing root. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THEM IN THERE??????? I think that I have figured out how to put in the screws but how do you put the servo in its place?? This one has me racking my brain.

I am sure that I will come up with a ton more questions but that is all that I can think of right now. Any help on this would really be appreciated.

Thank you for all the help.
Dan