More Revolution Questions

Rcmaster199 at aol.com Rcmaster199 at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 19:10:17 AKDT 2004

Dan, If your Rev Pro came with fiberglass beams you can use it as is,  except
change the front lord mounts to the larger size. Mc master Carr carries  the
one size larger you will need. Also you will need to epoxy the mounting  bolts
into the beams. If yours has the aluminum beams as mine does, it is much
easier. To be safe, I added an additional nose ring to mine vertically as my
friend Gary did with his. Gary runs a 140 L and I run the webra 160. No
problems. The Hyde mount is not necessary.

The stock phenolic horns are fine but use the MK ball bearing clevises.  Gary
mounted two servos in the tail for elevator control and I went with the Nat
Penton method of twin carbon push rods. For those of you that don't know it,
this was a Nat idea from about 25 years ago.

For aileron servos, both Gary and I made cut outs in the panels, installed
ply mounts and installed the servos as we do any other aileron servo in any
other wing: output shaft and servo wheel just above the skin.

good luck

MattK

I have just recently purchased a Revolution Pro. I have not  started the
assembly yet, I have a few questions that I want to get the  answers to before I
start. I am hoping that someone will read this that has  one or knows somebody
who does.

1st. The model comes with an engine  mount already installed. It says that it
 is a soft mount and is designed for a 140 2c or 4c. I am kind of unsure of
the  way the mount looks. I am going to be using a YS140 Sport. I have seen
them  run at idle and they can really shake. I was thinking of using a Hyde ARIS
mount. Has anyone mounted one of these on this plane before. It is a
composite  air frame and didn't know how well it would work.

2nd. The model comes  with _control horns_
(http://www.rcuniverse.com/buynow/keywordclick.cfm?bid_id=1174)  already installed ( composite arms ) I want to
use MK horns & clevises. I know that I can cut off the horns that are on
there now, the directions say that you can do this. I didn't see or missed  where
it said that it was ok to drill a hole in the control surfaces to put  the
horns in. I am concerned that there might not be a hard mount in the wing  to
mount the horn to. I don't want to cut off the originals until I get an  answer
on this.

3rd. If you have put together an impact or Revolution  then you know where
the servos are mounted in the wings. For those who  haven't seen it yet I will
try to describe it as close as I can. The servos is  mounted on it's side with
the arm protruding out from behind or inside the  skin on the wing. They are
mounted in the 3rd or 4th wing spar in, about 12 or  so inches from the wing
root. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET THEM IN THERE??????? I  think that I have figured
out how to put in the _screws_
(http://www.rcuniverse.com/buynow/keywordclick.cfm?bid_id=1138)  but how do you put the servo in its place?? This one  has me
racking my brain.

I am sure that I will come up with a ton more  questions but that is all that
I can think of right now. Any help on this  would really be appreciated.

Thank you for all the help.
Dan