Fw: NASA stuff

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Tue Oct 12 14:38:51 AKDT 2004

--On Tuesday, October 12, 2004 2:52 PM -0400 Bill Glaze <billglaze at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> I dunno, Marty; I've had some encounters with "engineers" who were
> woefully ignorant about just what made airplanes fly ...

Sure.  It's especially entertaining to poke fun at foreign engineers.
That's why the story has appeared in many different versions, sometimes
with French and other times with British engineers being made
the butt of the joke.

> --ever read Ernest Gann's book "Fate is the Hunter?"

Yes.  Great book!  Like Gann, Gordon Price, the designer of
the Ultimate Biplane, says that he has seen too many of his
friends die in mishaps.

						Marty #2874