Unbelievably quiet on the list

Mike Hester kerlock at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 14:30:50 AKDT 2004

About 29 contestants I think, not too shabby considering the last minute move from Pensacola.

FAI-
1st Jim Woodward
2nd Tony Stillman

Masters
1st John Fuqua
2nd Emory Schroeter

1st AC Glenn
2nd Cameron Smith
3rd John LeSour(or close to it, my apologies)
4th Mike Hester
5th Ken Blackwell
6th Luis Oduber

Intermediate
1st Leland Giddens
2nd Steve Homenda
3rd Bryan Kennedy

Sportsman
1st Erik Newsolme (sp?)
2nd Bruce Thoman

Sorry that's all I remember.

Champions:
FAI Tony Stillman
Masters John Fuqua
Advanced AC Glenn
Intermediate Bryan Kennedy
Sportsman can't remember...John Giddens maybe?

The weather sucked until noon. Masters and Advanced only got a total of 3 rounds, everyone else got 4. The contest was run excellently and smoothly, all things considered. The scores were all close and bizarre in some cases, and a couple more rounds would have surely shuffled some things in almost every class.....but that's pattern =)

I had a fantastic time, and I think most pilots enjoyed raising hell with the foamies during the fogged in hours as much as the contest itself. It was entertaining. I think only one left in one piece, but 4 times that many were bought and built.