Resolution

John Petterson rcpilotjohn at comcast.net
Wed Oct 6 19:52:44 AKDT 2004

Jeff, I think he is comparing using ATV to making the mechanical adjustment
to allow full travel on the servo to move the control surface the same
distance. Wayne, you are right that you are losing some power by using ATV
instead of changing the linkage. But changing the ATV should not change the
power of the servo - it is just that you lose some mechanical advantage of
having the control linkage closer to the control surface (need less travel
for the same surface deflection) so the net is less push available. And the
percentage should be approximately equal to the ATV percentage reduction.

Did that help or just confuse the issue more?

John