Kavan Starters / Webra Bearings

Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com Jim_Woodward at beaerospace.com
Tue Oct 5 04:06:46 AKDT 2004

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the tips on the Kavan.  For now, I ordered a set of brushes
from BP ($10.00).  However, I do ultimately like the idea of the larger
cone starter you pointed out.

Regarding the bearings, I've looked in the motor, and at the rear bearing
by removing the backplate cover.  The bearings are already brown (2 160s),
but appear in every way to turn freely.  The front bearings are of course,
shiny silver still.

When a SS bearing comes available, I'll swap them in.  If you have a
source for the Webra 160 SS bearing, please pass a long and I'll pickup a
few.

Thanks,
Jim w.