Lazulite Airfoil

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Mon Oct 4 19:25:08 AKDT 2004

Gentlemen

I am just in the process of needing another set of wings and as a matter of fact just completed the templates ( manufacture of) and planform drawings etc. The airfoil happened to be the same as I was using on my "Merlin" design, just the dimensions were different. I basically was unhappy with my PL supplied wings and know I can build a better set myself.

There are a few tricks though as far as percentages due to TE edge thicknesses. The airfoil as best as I could determine is a NACA 65-1-(A). The stabs are so close to an SD 8020 that it was close enough for my estimates. I have made drawings etc but unfortunately not in CAD. Dihedral is flat at the high point at 45%.

Feel free to contact me for further details, ie dimensions and percentages.
I will be a few days though as I am currently on the road with work.

best regards

Tom