Elev. Pull pull Question

Amir Neshati amirneshati at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 30 21:40:40 AKST 2004

Where did you get bit?

Amir Neshati - REALTOR
Prudential Americana Group
The Wesley & Tracy Drown Team
871 Coronado Center Drive, Suite 100
Henderson, Nevada 89052
(702) 505-3085
www.wesleydrown.com
www.lvvertical.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rcmaster199 at aol.com
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 10:34 PM
  Subject: Re: Elev. Pull pull Question

    I used to use all-thread until I got bit.  I'll stick to 2" to 4" bolts as I have been doing.

    MattK

    In a message dated 11/30/2004 10:01:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, rickwallace45 at hotmail.com writes:
      I’ve used this all-thread for four years on ailerons, elev, etc w/ no problems.

      Don’t remember the source, but someone specifically recommended the mild steel in the all-thread in favor of the hardened (more brittle) steel of a 6-32 socket head screw -  and the idea was to have a horn that may flex a bit without fatiguing and breaking, as harder, more rigid materials can.

      I can’t quote metallurgy on this one – all I know is that the mild steel all-thread into dowels set into square balsa blocks set into the control surface has never shown any problems…

      Rick