[SPAM] Re: Re: Pull-Pull servos

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 30 18:28:03 AKST 2004

Troy
I measured my rudder horns on 2 planes One was 3/4 in to the hinge line and the other is 1 in. to the hinge line. I agree with you about the mech. advantage of longer horn distance. They need to be longer.However I don't think that has a direct effect on the wear of the top of the servo. I am thinking the continous pull of the cable tension is what is wearing my servos on the output arm for-aft.I am leaning toward what Bob P. said about which is worn the bearing or the case. My tension is not as much as you describe on yours. I am thinking your top end may be worn also. When you get time disconnect the cables and check the output shaft for play in the for-aft direction.
 My next plane will have longer horn connections and a longer servo arm to match.
> Thanks Troy
 Jim Ivey